Monday 9 June 2008

Welcome To The Long Tail Of Sci Fi

This blog is about my trawls through the back catalogue of Sci Fi Movies and TV. I'll probably also cover the odd bit of Horror and Fantasy as well (as they're the same family, just a different genus).

For movies, I'll define the long tail as first released 3 or more years ago (so DVDs can probably be found in the bargain bin). TV is much the same - 3 years since the final episode. Movie spinoffs of TV shows (like Serenity/Firefly) and TV spinoffs of movies (like Stargate/SG-1) are treated separately.

I'll be upfront about it here and now: expect spoilers. I don't see much point worrying about giving the plot away on a film that most people will have had the chance to see. To be honest, I don't have a problem reading spoilers for shows I haven't seen yet, so I don't see why I shouldn't "write for myself" (especially as the phrase "write for myself" epitomizes most blogging).

No comments: